A – to Act with conviction
R – to be Responsible for our actions
T – to foster a culture of Trust
Manage China (hereinafter referred to as MC) is committed to provide you with a high level of customer service and this includes protecting your privacy. MC is bound by the Commonwealth of Australia Privacy Act 1988, which sets out the principles concerning the protection of your personal information. Set out below is information that MC is required to communicate to its clients. MC recommends that you keep this information for future reference.
MC provides a range of consulting services through MC itself or through one of its related companies – for example, Dong Rui Business Consulting Company Limited or Best Country Limited:
Your Personal Information
How we collect personal information
How we use your personal information
When we disclose your personal information
MC’s web sites
Links to third party sites
Cross border hosting and transfer of information
Help us to ensure that we have accurate personal information
You can access your personal information
Personal information held by MC may include your name, date of birth, current and prior addresses, land line or mobile phone number, email address, bank account or credit card details, occupation, driver’s licence number and your MC PIN, user name or password. MC also holds details of your MC services (including their status), as well as certain details about your personal interests. If you choose not to provide certain personal information (e.g. your date of birth), MC may not be able to provide you with the services you require, or the level of service on which MC prides itself. Sometimes, you may need to provide personal information about other individuals to MC (e.g. about your authorised representatives). If so, MC relies on you to inform those individuals that you are providing their personal information to MC and to advise them that MC can be contacted for further information (see ‘How to contact us’ below).
MC collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
– directly from you, when you provide information by phone or in application forms, or when you submit your personal details through MC’s web sites (e.g. during managechina.com registration if and when this is required);
– from third parties such as MC’s related companies, credit reporting agencies or your representatives;
– from publicly available sources of information;
– from the organisations identified below under ‘When MC discloses your personal information’;
– from MC’s own records of how you use your MC services; or
– when legally required to do
Your personal information may be used to:
– verify your identity;
– assist you to subscribe to MC’s services;
– provide the services you require;
– administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
– inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
– conduct appropriate checks for credit worthiness and for fraud;
– research and develop MC’s services;
– gain an understanding of your information and other needs in order for MC to provide you with a better service; and
– maintain and develop MC’s business system, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
Also, your personal information is collected so that MC can promote and market its services to you (including by way of direct mail, direct marketing, SMS and MMS messages). MC does this to keep you informed of its products, services and special offers. If you do not wish MC to promote and market its products, services and special offers to you, please indicate your desire to opt out by reply email to one of the service offers we send you.
In relation to marketing and promotional material sent via email, MC will send such material only if you elect to receive it (i.e. opt-in) or if it is provided in response to your request. You can indicate your opt-in preference at MC’s web sites.
In order to deliver the services you require, MC may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of MC. Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only in relation to MC providing its services to you. These organisations carry out MC’s:
– customer enquiries;
– mailing operations;
– billing and debt recovery functions;
– information technology services;
– installation, maintenance and repair services;
– marketing and telemarketing services;
– market research; and
– web site usage analysis.
MC takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
In addition, MC may disclose your personal information to:
– your authorised representatives or your legal advisers (e.g. when requested by you to do so);
– credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
– credit providers (for credit related purposes such as credit worthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing);
– MC’s related companies;
– MC’s professional advisers, including its accountants, auditors and lawyers;
– other consulting and information service providers (for example, if you obtain services from other providers, MC may need to disclose your personal information for billing purposes);
– government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law; and
– organisations who manage MC’s business and corporate strategies, including those involved in a transfer/sale of all or part of its assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables) and those involved in managing MC’s corporate risk and funding functions (e.g. securitisation)
MC provides products and services via its various web sites. When you visit MC’s sites, its web servers record anonymous information such as the time, date and URL of the request. This information assists MC to improve the structure of its web sites and monitor their performance.
MC may use ‘cookies’ on various web sites. Cookies are an industry standard and most major web sites use them. A cookie is a small text file that our web sites may place on your computer. Usually, cookies are used as a means for MC’s web sites to remember your preferences. As such, cookies are designed to improve your experience of MC’s web sites.
In some cases, cookies may collect and store personal information about you. MC extends the same privacy protection to your personal information, whether gathered via cookies or from other sources. You can adjust your Internet browser to disable cookies or to warn you when cookies are being used. However, if you disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas of our web sites or take advantage of the improved web site experience that cookies offer.
MC also collects Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. IP addresses are assigned to computers on the internet to uniquely identify them within the global network. MC collects and manages IP addresses as part of the service of providing internet session management and for security purposes.
MC may provide links to third-party Web sites as a service to our users. In addition, some of the content appearing to be on this Site is in fact supplied by third parties, for example, in instances of framing of third- party Web sites or incorporation through framesets of content supplied by third-party servers. Please be aware that we cannot control and are not responsible for the information collection practices of such third-party Web sites, which may differ from those of this Site. We encourage you to review and understand the privacy policies on these Web sites before providing any information to them.
Personally-identifiable information collected on the Site may be transferred from time to time to MC offices or personnel, or to third parties, located throughout the world, including offices located outside the European Economic Area (EEA), and the Site may be viewed and hosted anywhere in the world, including countries (such as the United States) that may not have laws of general applicability regulating the use and transfer of such data. By using the Site and submitting such information on it, you voluntarily consent to such transborder transfer and hosting of such information.
To ensure that we are collecting up to date information regarding the services we provide to you it is imperative that you advise us of any personal/contact details that have changed. We require you to bear the burden of informing us of such changes and will assume that all details in our data base are accurate subject to verification or alteration from you.
Should you require access to your personal information you can do so via mail contact at
Att: Privacy Manager
1-208 No.4028 Nanhuan Road, Binjiang District
Hangzhou Zhejiang China 310053
Latest From The Blog
A small China footprint for a [...]
With nearly 40 years of experience in touring [...]
An Australian project management firm was a critical [...]
This Asian based airline established its foothold in [...]